Sunday, February 7, 2016

Hello from 35,000 feet


As you read this, I will be in an airplane, hopefully watch pre-football highlights, or reading a good book, editing, or inspired to write, or talking to some interesting passenger. I'm going to be in Hawaii at an author conference and I'm so excited, they might have to unload me as a nuclear device...

I'm really looking forward to this conference. The company will be outstanding - leaders in the Romance industry, as well as all the folks who help us from Amazon to iBooks, Nook, Kobo, Ingram Spark. We'll be talking about time management, VAs, FB ads, branding, writing series, brainstorming, and there will be time for just hanging around, sprinting by the beach. For a writer, that means writing. Then on Saturday, a great big book signing at Hickam AFB (I even have an official pass) and a 1940's Swing Dance. I got my vintage dress and supposedly some young officer who has agreed to take me on the dance floor and dance with someone who could be his grandma.

On Thursday, I'm sponsoring the Pearl Harbor tour, and the trip to the Arizona and Missouri Memorials. Now that I have my camera fixed, I can perhaps share pictures.

Finished my mentoring on Friday, and now its green lights all the way from the conference to the week before my Coppola Event. Still some tickets left. This will be an outstanding Romancing The Vines, another first in hopefully a string of successful signing in the future.

The San Francisco Airport is buzzing with Superbowl fever. I bought a coffee tumbler with Superbowl 50 on it, and there's a whole group who just flew in and are having Irish Coffees here at the Buena Vista Cafe. Supposed to be in the '70's here in my part of the world, and not a cloud in the sky. Perfect day for a game. Go Niners! Wait...I'll have to wait for that.

I wasn't going to do as much traveling this year, and I've changed my mind. Now I just have to boost my sales up to afford to do it all. But meeting readers, hanging out with some of my best friends, learning and just getting outside my cave is going to be fun.

I can tell 2016 is going to be a brilliant year. Can't wait to tell you about it!

8 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful trip, and hoping that the office is very dashingp, just as dashing as the ones you write about. Aloha Sharon................Jara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Godspeed, Sharon. I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy. It will be fun, for sure. Can't wait for the dance! After 5 days "classroom style" I'll be ready!

      Delete
  3. It all sounds so exciting. Have a wonderful time and please do take lots of photos. I know lots of other authors are going

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have an amazing time
    Visiting a Pearl Harbor is on my bucket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be moving. My friend Kim told me to look for the plaques left about the SEALs.

      Delete